- Must have dependable transportation
- Self-motivated and able to work unsupervised
- Assertive, take charge attitude
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication
- Listening and problem-solving
- Proficient in MS Outlook, Excel and Word
- Bi-lingual preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in this industry
- Basic knowledge of home repairs & the make ready process
- Working knowledge of all Fair Housing Laws
- Familiarity with applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations
- Strong knowledge of the eviction process and rules of the court
- Attracts new tenants by advertising, obtaining referrals from current tenants, explaining advantages of location and showing units.
- Review and approval all prospective tenant applications using National Tenant Network online software once application and application deposit is received.
- Signs lease with new tenants, collects 1 month’s rent and pet deposits, when applicable, and moves tenant in. Performs a move in walk through with the new tenant to show how to change the air filter for the HVAC and the batteries for all smoke detectors.
- Collects rent and late fees from tenants that did not pay on time.
- Files eviction with the appropriate JP court if tenant fails to timely pay rent.
- Maintains property by investigating and resolving tenant complaints, enforcing rules of occupancy, inspecting vacant units and delegating the completion of repairs to our maintenance team.
- Retains tenant occupancy by establishing a trusting relationship with them, promptly responding to work orders, immediately reporting them to maintenance and following up with tenant to ensure the work was completed.
- Send out renewal notices to tenants at least 60 days prior to their lease expiration date.
- Enforces occupancy, pet and violation policies by posting violation notices and following up with tenant.
- Supervises maintenance team working closely with the Sr. Project Manager.
- Schedule and supervise annual unit inspections with our maintenance team to ensure units aren’t damaged, HVAC filter are being changed, unit isn’t cluttered or dirty and that there are no other violations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Privately held Food Management Partners (FMP) is a multi-concept operator of independent restaurant brands co-founded by three industry veterans in 1999. FMP currently manages all store-level and corporate operations for Furr’s Fresh Buffet, Hometown Buffet, Hops, Old Country Buffet, Ryan’s, Curry House, Sushi Zushi, Tahoe Joe’s and Zio's Italian Kitchen in 36 states. FMP also operates Dynamic Foods, a manufacturer and distributor of multiple lines of fresh and frozen products for contract food service and grocery stores, as well as restaurants and retail establishments. Alamo Retail Solutions, a millwork facility serving the retail sector, is also managed by Food Management Partners. Previously, FMP operated one of the largest Buffalo Wild Wings and Little Caesars franchises, and was a founding franchisee of Smashburger.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)