Full-time experienced real estate staff accountant needed. Candidate must be able to demonstrate professional integrity, attention to detail, and exercise good judgment in handling sensitive information. A professional image, excellent communication and strong organizational skills are required. The qualified candidate must be detail oriented, a self- starter, who is extremely responsible, dependable, highly motivated, able to work in a fast- paced and time sensitive environment, possess a “can do' work attitude and be a team player.
- The staff accountant will be responsible for the full scope of Lease Administration services including:
- Abstracting and interpreting commercial lease documents (leases, amendments, subleases)
- Maintain data management database
- Tracking and maintaining critical dates
- Maintain electronic and hard copy lease files
- Analyze/Process rent payments
- Run reports – Monthly, quarterly, rent
- Research lease related issues
- Reviewing annual landlord reconciliation statements and real estate tax calculations to ensure accuracy and lease compliance
- Analyze Landlord reconciliations of operating expenses including CAM, Real Estate Taxes, Utilities and Insurance in a timely manner. Confirm billings are in accordance with the lease terms and conduct a thorough desktop audit including verifying the pro-rata share, credit for monthly escrows, and evaluate for reasonableness with prior period reconciliations.
- Subtenant account management, and billing/collections of third party tenant rents
- Special projects as assigned by manager
- The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Real Estate, Accounting, or Finance and at least 2 years of work experience in lease administration, accounting, or property management • Expertise in understanding and interpreting complex commercial lease language
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office with the capability to master company specific accounting and database programs
- Strong financial and analytical skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and organization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Privately held Food Management Partners (FMP) is a multi-concept operator of independent restaurant brands co-founded by three industry veterans in 1999. FMP currently manages all store-level and corporate operations for Furr’s Fresh Buffet, Hometown Buffet, Hops, Old Country Buffet, Ryan’s, Curry House, Sushi Zushi, Tahoe Joe’s and Zio's Italian Kitchen in 36 states. FMP also operates Dynamic Foods, a manufacturer and distributor of multiple lines of fresh and frozen products for contract food service and grocery stores, as well as restaurants and retail establishments. Alamo Retail Solutions, a millwork facility serving the retail sector, is also managed by Food Management Partners. Previously, FMP operated one of the largest Buffalo Wild Wings and Little Caesars franchises, and was a founding franchisee of Smashburger.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)